This is the perfect vegetarian chili recipe to serve at your next chili get together. Serve with grated cheese, onions, and tortilla chips for dipping.
Vegetarian Chili Ingredients:
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 8 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 19 oz. cans red kidney beans
- 2 19 oz. cans dark red kidney beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning or 1/4 cup taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 6oz can tomato paste
Vegetarian Chili Directions
Heat oil in heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute about 8 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add beans, taco seasoning, basil, oregano, and thyme. Stir 2 minutes. Mix in tomato sauce, chicken broth and tomato paste. Simmer until thickened to desired consistency, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, about 1 and a half hours.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until cold then reheat over low when ready to serve.